Saturday, April 28, 2007

Death of a Podcast


The death of one podcast is a crime, the death of millions a statistic, as Stalin once said. Thus the demise of one of my favorite and entertaining podcasts, the A-Bomb City Podcast, must be a grand tragedy. As the two podcasters involved described it, "Two Brits in Hiroshima laugh at history, literature, politics, music and life in Japan." which was a great range of topics. It was often (always?) crude, but also often witty and insightful, so it was in that great British comedy tradition a la Monty Python of being highbrow and lowbrow at the same time.

I'd like to think that I'm a better person after listening to their podcast and learning that the kestrel used to be referred to as "windfucker" in olden tymes, and how can anyone not feel expanded by knowledge like that? RIP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm getting all misty-eyed and sad...every podcaster should have listeners of your calibre. Thanks a lot for your support and encouragement. I'll let you know when my new show is up and running...

Cheers, Andy.